GET YOUR AS* IN THE KITCHEN: CURRY
If you have any bit of interest in eating well, which you should to keep yourself healthy and surfing often, then you’ve got to get in the kitchen and do some cooking. And if you’re doing some cooking, and trying to eat well, and especially trying to eat some damn good food, then learn to cook some CURRY. I love food, I really love nutritious food, and curry is radical on all counts. Besides, what chics aren’t into a guy that can cook up some damn serious curry!? Or vice versa, ladies, I’m sure your man wouldn’t mind you whipping up some kitchen goodness.
This is my adopted curry recipe. It’s easy to cook, doesn’t take too long, and is easily changed for particular taste. I’m not going to have exact portions for you, because I don’t really know them, and I’m going to give you some spice options, so depending on your need for heat, you can play with it.
- canned coconut milk (preferably organic, as you want the fat…. YES FAT!!, to be of the highest quality…… learn to get your love on with coconuts, and their associated oils/fats.
- chicken breasts or thighs. enough to fill your cooking pan. I prefer thighs with bones in, but if you’re not getting high quality chicken, you ought to go with the breasts as they are lower in fat content. (fat is were toxins are often stored within meat, low quality chicken has more crap in it.. hormones, chemicals, etc.)
- optional bell peppers, thinly sliced carrots, or your veggie of choice
- sweet potatoes/red potatoes are optional as well: cut into cubes
- garlic cloves: diced/chopped
- spices: pepper, salt (preferably celtic sea salt), cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cumin, chili powder, garam masala, curry powder (curry powder is a mix of spices, many of the previously mentioned)
- red curry paste….. there are also other flavors of curry paste I believe
- coconut oil, or ghee, or high quality butter for cooking
The above mentioned spices are pretty standard spices, so if you have any interest in cooking you should at some point buy them. If you don’t have all the above mentioned, you could go with your standard curry powder, salt, pepper, (some spicy spices, cayenne, red pepper, etc.), and the curry paste, and definitely lot’s of garlic cloves.
So here we go……
Heat up skillet and coconut oil to medium heat.. ! Important ! Cook in a skillet that you can transfer to the oven, cast iron skillets are great for this. Add some basic spices to your chicken (curry powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder), and sear chicken on both sides for about 4-5 minutes per side.
Take chicken out of pan. Place diced onion into pan. This is also where you would place any diced bell peppers, or small cubed potatoes (think sugar cube size), into the skillet and begin sauteing. Salt and Pepper. Cut up chicken, into pieces. They don’t need to be small and not necessarily neatly cut… just cut it up into some chunks, and then place it back into the pan with the veggies. Place the pan into the oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes.
So the chicken, which was still a bit raw, has now been cooked a bit more in the oven for 7minutes. Pull it out and put it back onto the stove burner at a lower setting…. not the lowest here, but about a 3 on 1-10scale.
Now it’s time to add some serious spice love, all sorts of food sexy. Add about 1 tablespoon of curry paste, and usually I add a bit more, but start with a tablespoon, and you can always add more. Add in about 3/4cup of coconut milk. Also add in your chosen amount of diced garlic. I
love the stuff and use about 4 cloves. You can see curry paste/coco milk in the pic on the right, yet to be mixed in. Mix up that sauce orgy and then let all that goodness simmer on a lower setting for about another 10 minutes… check your chicken as you don’t want dry shitty chicken. Simmering will thicken the sauce also. Give it a taste, and add any needed spices.
This is some REAL DEAL chicken curry. Serve it over some veggies, or maybe a rice. Whipping up some curry like this will no doubt impress some ladies. Cook it, and eat it. Then go surf.